100% SDP&R OWNED & OPERATED PARKS
* MIRA MESA COMMUNITY PARK
* BREEN NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
* CAMINO RUIZ NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
* CHRISTA MCAULIFFE NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
* LOPEZ RIDGE NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
* MADDOX NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
* SANDBERG NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
* WESTVIEW NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
PARKS & FACILITIES OPERATED UNDER JOINT USE AGREEMENTS
* HOURGLASS FIELD COMMUNITY PARK & AQUATIC CENTER
Agreement with SDCCD – Miramar College
* CHALLENGER HARDSCAPE including outdoor Volleyball, Tennis, Handball and Basketball courts.
Agreement with SDUSD -Challenger Middle School
* MESA VERDE NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
Agreement with SDUSD – Mason Elementary School
* MESA VIKING NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
Agreement with SDUSD – Ericsson Elementary School
*SALK NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
Agreement with SDUSD – Salk Elementary School
Park Construction should begin in 2017
* WAGENHEIM PLAYING FIELDS
Agreement with SDUSD – Wagenheim Middle School
Renovation & expansion should begin in 2016
* WALKER NEIGHBORHOOD PARK
Agreement with SDUSD – Walker Elementary School
Renovation should begin in 2016
Joint use agreements are between SDP&R and SDUSD or the SDCCD. They typically cover only a portion of a park but in a few instances they cover the entire park/facility. They typically exclude the joint use portion from the public during normal school hours but after school, weekends and holidays, public use is encouraged and expected.
The responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance varies by the individual agreement.
The scheduling of public events at joint use parks/facilities is the responsibility of SDP&R local staff.