Camino Ruiz Neighborhood Park
Perched on the edge of Peñasquitos Canyon this park site was once planned to be part of a bridge over the canyon that would have extended Camino Ruiz to Rancho Peñasquitos. Known as Horsehead Park during the planning process, the resulting park came from a cauldron of animosity and heated emotions.
- Restroom & Concession Building
- Multi-Sport Fields
- Children’s play areas
- Pétanque Court
- Walk-in Sun Dial marking both the winter and summer solstice
- Outdoor Basketball, 1/2 court
- Walking Path on the edge of the canyon with five scenic overlooks providing the best available views of the canyon.
- Hiking Trail entrance to Los Penasquitos Ranch House Museum
- Off Street Parking